2013 – Transgender Lives
The seventh annual Transgender Lives: The Intersection of Health and Law Conference is on Saturday, April 27 at the UConn Health Center from 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. This all day conference is geared towards Service Providers, Medical and Legal Professionals, Trans and Gender non-conforming community, allies and all those interested in the Health and Law issues facing the transgender and gender non-conforming communities.
Keynote Speaker: Mara Keisling, the Executive Director of the National Center for Transgender Equality. As one of the nation’s leading voices for transgender equality, Mara has appeared on news outlets such as CNN and CSPAN, and is regularly quoted in the New York Times, the Washington Post and hundreds of other national and local print and electronic media.
Intersection of Health and Law Conference
| Some of this Year’s Workshops covered topics such as:
UCONN Health Center
- The Health Care Professional and the Transgender Patient
- The Effects of Discrimination on Trans Health.
- Protecting and Advocating for the Transgender Child: A Legal Guide for Parents and Educators
- How to Successfully Transition in Your Employment
- What Transgender is NOT...
- Authentic Acceptance: Accepting our whole self from the inside out
- Middle Way: Living between the Binary or Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun
- Partners, Family and Friends: Grief and loss, dealing with stigma, coming-out and other common experiences.
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, Connecticut 06030
Saturday, April 27, 2013
| High Level Conference Timeline
Registration is $25 for Individuals (though no one will be turned away due to registration cost), $50 for CEC for NASW & CHES
- 08:00 - 08:30 AM : Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 08:30 - 09:15 AM : Welcoming Remarks and Introductions
- 09:15 - 12:00 AM : Morning Workshops
- 12:00 - 01:00 PM : Lunch
- 01:00 - 03:30 PM : Afternoon Workshops
- 03:30 - 04:45 PM : Keynote
- 04:45 - 05:00 PM : Closing remarks and wrap up
Or Mail to:
CTAC Conference Registration
P.O. Box 111
Farmington, CT 06034
If you require interpretation services, please register by March 15.